Monday, April 11, 2011

Under the Tucson Sun

Let me start off by saying "I LOVE being a stay at home mom!"  Brad had a three week training for work in Tucson, AZ in March, and since I had no job tying me down, Kadlin and I packed up and went with him.  We had a fabulous time lounging in the sun and taking in some of the sights.  We walked several miles each day and just enjoyed soaking up all that Vitamin D.  Unfortunately, we were only able to stay for about 10 days, but that was long enough.  We actually looked at changing my ticket to stay a bit longer, but after the sticker shock of 500+ dollars, we decided it would probably be best if I just went home as scheduled.  Kadlin did as well as any 5 month old baby would do flying all day.  The only major issue we was in Denver on the way back when the plane had some mechanical issues before take off and we were stuck on the tarmac while the plane quickly heated up to a very uncomfortable temperature.  With the help of the flight attendants, I was able to get her cooled down and calmed down and then she slept the rest of the flight.  Waking up the next morning in Anchorage to snow was a slight slap in the face, but as I made my way down to the peninsula, the weather cleared up and the sun was shining.  I was actually really surprised to see how much snow had melted while I was gone.  The other big surprise was how long the days are.  It is now 9:30 at night before it begins to get very dark!!

We celebrated Brad's birthday on the 9th.  We had a wonderful day just spending time as a family with a quick trip of taking me to the ER for what Brad calls "an incident with an apple slicer."  Turns out those Pampered Chef apple slicers are REALLY sharp.  Fortunately, I didn't require stitches and we were in and out in about an hour.

Today it is snowing a heavy wet spring snow.  It is a little depressing, but I know that green grass is under there and it will only be a short time before it is back.  Miss Moose has been back in the neighborhood enjoying the spring by eating all the tender new grass and resting under the trees.  It is still an odd sight to me to see these huge animals nonchalantly hanging out in my front yard.

There isn't much else going on in our lives right now.  We are just anxiously awaiting summer to see if it is as wonderful as everyone claims.  At the very least, we have quite a bit of company planned for throughout the summer, so that will be nice.  So without further ado, here are some new pics.

Soaking up some rays poolside

Brad has been wanting to take this picture since Kadlin was born.  He finally got his opportunity!

Trying out the swimsuit for the first time.

First time in the pool.  She loved it!!


Little Lolita sitting in the window of Rosa's Cantina at Old Tucson Studios


First carousel ride.  She loved it too!!


Brad's birthday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment