Friday, March 18, 2011

Catch Up!!

It has been quite awhile since I have last posted, so here is a quick rundown of what has been going on with the Alaska Humbracht's!  Kadlin is coming up on 5 months and is continuing to grow, which is a good thing I guess, but it is kinda sad.  But it is also a lot of fun to watch her develop.  She is finally getting big enough that she is starting to figure out how to jump in her jumperoo, which makes her very happy.  She has also started solids, and is eating like a champ.  It is kinda like feeding a little bird; she has her mouth open and squawking at me if I don't keep it coming fast enough.

We went to Anchorage at the beginning of March to take in all the festivities of the Iditarod and the Fur Rendevous.  Of course, the real reason I wanted to go was to go shopping!!  We had a lot of fun and wound up buying a new camera.  The store was warm and conveniently located near the start line of the Iditarod and it was a little cold that morning.  Bad combination!!  So now we have a nice camera, but don't really know how to use it.  I guess a Photography for Dummies book is probably in order.

We continue to take frequent trips out to the Spit to check things out.  Coming from where we come from, seeing the ocean is just fascinating.  This weekend is the Winter King Salmon Derby, so I am sure we will be out there again watching the boats come in.  Since it has been warmer, we have been able to take the dogs and Kadlin out on the beach.  Wallace LOVES it, and runs all over like a crazy man.  Gracie, on the other hand, would be happier on a white sand beach where she could just lay around in it! 

On one of our trips out on the Spit we found the Time Bandit, the crabbing boat from Deadliest Catch.  That prompted a quick walk on the docks to get pictures.  It was really cold and windy, and Brad's ugly hat that I hate flew into the water.  I was pretty excited, but Brad decided it was "littering" and that he needed to get it out.  So as the hat slowly made its way to the dock, I was holding on to hope that it would sink, but alas, it did not, and Brad was able to rescue it.

We are headed to Tucson next week as Brad has a training.  He will be gone for 3 weeks, and Kadlin and I are going down for the first half.  I am excited to have a break from the winter landscape and to soak in the sun.  Kadlin will also have her first experience with a pool, so we will see how that goes!

Well I guess that is about all for now.  Here are some pics and I hope you all enjoy!


All dressed up for church

1st and last big snowstorm


Miss Moose-I heard snow crunching and looked up thinking someone was pulling in the driveway.





Snug as a bug in a rug

Happy St. Patty's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment