Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finally...Alaska Weather

We have been here for about 2 months now, and have been a little underwhelmed with the weather (not complaining).  The temperature hangs out in the 20s to high 30s, and there has been little snow.  So while the rest of the US was getting hit with terrible blizzards and bitter cold, we were graced with snow.  Three days of snow to be exact.  The temperatures have been around freezing, so it isn't cold, but we have snow.  I wore Brad's irrigation boots (which come to my knees) out to take these pictures thinking they would be tall enough.  I was wrong.  The snow was up to my mid thighs, which isn't saying much, but still, it seems like lots of snow to me!  Anyway, the important thing to notice in all these pictures is how level the snow is.  That's right, no wind equals no drifts.  In fact, I think the snow is rather pretty the way it lays heavy on the trees.  And it is nice to not see a 10 ft drift right next to a bare spot.  And the snow is still soft and fluffy, not wind blown into hard pack.  So after our dose of snow, I can say I am still truly happy to be here even though I am a little happy that the snow has stopped for now.  Hope you enjoy the pics.


That gigantic blob is our car.  Notice how much darker the sky is over the bay.



Disclaimer-Her snowsuit is very warm and we were only outside for about 5 minutes :)

Her Bumbo chair is such handy helper for taking pictures.

I love this picture!

1 comment:

  1. What adorable pictures! I can't believe you are in Alaska. Crazy. Your baby is just the cutest girl ever.

    ReplyDelete